The perks of having a long distance best friend

18:24



So I asked my friend what I should do a post about, and (jokingly I think?) she said I should write a post on her. So I thought, y'know what? 

I thought I'd do a post about the funny things and the perks of having a friend that's long distance. I don't know if it counts because she's at Uni, so she isn't actually permanently away but she isn't around for most of the time so y'know.

One of the things I noticed is that you end up telling each other the most random, probably pointless stuff, because apparently not seeing each other often means telling each other everything from what you had for tea, to how many buses you've just missed, to a semi-breakdown over your lack of productivity. 
Like it can go from messages like "Just had beans on toast lol" to "you're sad" to a massive rant about the work you can't be bothered doing. Or a rant over a flatmate being an idiot, which is kinda funny really because the other doesn't know who that person is but is equally shocked or annoyed by them. I guess that's what makes it all the better to rant about because they'll probably never be in the presence of said annoying flatmate. Like yeah, I don't know your flatmate but I probably hate them too.

Another thing is telling each other random stories from nights out, or other events, and awkward situations that you've no idea what to do about. And then they're probably laughing from a distance because you're most likely an idiot. 

The other thing about having a friend long distance is seeing each other after ages because it's like you haven't really been apart. Like you just talk a load of rubbish really and it doesn't feel like you haven't seen each other for ages. 
You probably don't even need to do much catching up as you probably know everything that's been going on in their lives. Because you'll probably get a message about it as soon as something happens. 
And probably because we tell each other what we've had for tea. 

Plus it means you can finally get round to doing things you've wanted to do for a while, whether it just be milkshakes to talk about random stuff, or going to see a film you can only see which each other, or going to fangirl at a gig. 
Thankfully I am spending New Years Eve with said friend, and I'm just glad none of us have a boyfriend so we aren't separated from each others entertainment. By that I mean we can dance like idiots at a gig then at Key Club where I get over-excited. It's almost as if we encourage each other to act more like fools.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe