Slam Dunk '15

17:44

So Slam Dunk was once again amazing. T'was my 5th year going, (because I am old now) and it didn't rain! But, I also didn't get sun burn! Whaaaat?
So we started off seeing Set If Off at main stage, which this year was the Millennium Square. Was pretty cool, the outside stages made it feel more like a festival - most stages were indoors in the old site. 

 Then we decided to go see Patent Pending because I always enjoy seeing them. They did their 'swimming competition' in which Joe and Rob have a 'swimming race' in the crowd (a crowd-surfing race, basically). So that was entertaining, and Joe won. They're such a fun band to see live. Also ended up seeing some of the guys wandering around, but unfortunately didn't have time to go up and meet them.


We then quickly went back to main stage to see PVRIS. It was so packed! Side stage was super busy too. They were super good, and Lynn's hair is pretty awesome. 
We then had an hour to spare so we went off site, had a drink and grabbed some food before we came back. (No one wants to pay or queue for on site food...).

Then we saw Thy Art Is Murder in which I only saw because my brother really wanted to. They are impressive live though. Then Bury Tomorrow soon followed, in which I had barrier for. I was super happy to see them as I haven't seen them in a year and they're such ace guys. They were amazing live as always!





So then we made the mistake of leaving the Monster stage. We went to see Lower Than Atlantis for just a few songs, as they clashed with Crossfaith. We would have stayed longer, but because they clashed with Crossfaith, we had to queue up again for Monster stage. The queues were super long, we almost gave up. But then we got in thankfully, and we decided to go on the balcony to see them as our legs were beginning to give up already. Anyway, they were insane as every other time I've seen them. Such a good crowd for them too! Quite entertaining to watch from the balcony.


Then we wanted to see While She Sleeps, but as they clashed with Taking Back Sunday we couldn't (we'll get to that).
We wandered around merch, I got the Limited Edition Slam Dunk Polo which is, of course, too big, probably guys, and black. But merch isn't merch otherwise, is it? (It is different in the sense that it is a polo...).
I got quite a few compliments on the play-suit I was wearing actually, which was unexpected. Some guy behind merch even went as far to say I was the best dressed at the festival. Then said that we wouldn't have to pay for the hoodie that my brother was getting, if I gave him my play-suit instead. Bit awkward. Sure he meant well though.
We tried to find food but queues were too long and we couldn't be bothered to go off site. And we didn't have enough time (I was dying for a good spot for Taking Back Sunday).

Then, it was Taking Back Sunday time. We got close to the front to the left, which was awesome. I am super happy I finally saw them after years and years of waiting! They are very good live, better even than I was expecting. Plus Adam is super charismatic - with nice hair. As the set progressed I was a bit worried they wouldn't play Cute Without The 'E' and MakeDamnSure. But.. they did, the last two songs. They couldn't have ended the set better. I got a bit too excited as I was finally seeing those songs live. Then I wanted them back on stage the second they left. (Here's hoping they'll be back soon).


So then my bag on my zip broke - the zip fell off, leaving the bag closed. Meaning I couldn't get a drink cos ID was inside my bag, couldn't go off site because I couldn't open my bag upon entry again, and also we just couldn't be bothered queuing for food too.
So after bumping into some friends we decided to man it up and try not dehydrate. Last band of the night was You Me At Six, which was amazing. I was originally hoping to see a bit of them and go see The Wonder Years - and as much as I wanted to see them, I'm glad I stayed for all of YMAS' set. I literally felt about 13 again. They had such a good set-list and it was an amazing atmosphere. Plus our place isn't the crowd wasn't too bad either. They ended with Underdog, which was an awesome ending.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe