Download '15

16:43



So it's been over a week now since Download festival, so I figured now is a good time to write about it. I'm going to try keep it pretty simple or I will end up going on about everything and anything. I have plenty of photos, but only going to post a few on this post so it doesn't end up too long.

Friday
We got a train down at around 8/9, then a shuttle bus, and ended up at Download at about 11. But then we spent possibly an hour or so queuing which was super annoying considering we were carrying everything and it was really warm! We also ended up breaking the handle on our suitcase so it was a nightmare to move. Thankfully our friend set up our tent for us while we were queuing, which saved us a lot of time.

The bands I saw are: At The Gates, Lacuna Coil, Modestep, Five Finger Death Punch, Judas Priest and Slipknot.

We got barrier for Judas Priest and Slipknot, down the center (where the crowd separates for the runway) which was amazing! It also began raining during their sets, after being super warm all day. Which was annoying, but thankfully I had a waterproof - even though it soaked through to my skin (yay). It was my third time seeing Slipknot who I have always seen much further back, so awesome to have seen them so close. 



Judas Priest


Slipknot

Saturday
Saturday consisted of rain all day, (non stop from the night before). So at this point it wasn't annoying anymore, as it was just expected. I also managed to get very little sleep, purely because I am terrible at sleeping around noise. There were a few bands we'd have liked to see but as we were all super tired and had things to sort out we missed a few of the earliest ones. 

The bands I saw: Hollywood Undead, Parkway Drive, Rise Against, Motionless In White, A Day To Remember, Faith No More, Black Veil Brides (a song), Marilyn Manson, and Muse.

I managed to get landed on by multiple crowdsurfers during ADTR's set, but they were amazing none the less. Marilyn Manson was also so much better than I expected, just wish he didn't clash with Muse so I could have seen more of him (but I have tickets booked to see him again). Muse were amazing but missed out a few songs I hoped they would have played, so purely because of that I'd say I've seen them better (and because last time we got super close). They did have some pretty cool confetti and fireworks, which is to be expected as they always go all out. 

A Day To Remember

Marilyn Manson


Muse

Sunday
This was the only day we actually got to the arena before 1, we got there around 11 (yes, amazing I know) despite being even more tired and not getting any sleep once again. This day was cloudy and some rain, but not as much as Saturday. I was probably most looking forward to this day, if only it was the first day when I wasn't as tired!

The bands I saw: The Dead Daisies, 36 Crazyfists, Tremonti, We Are Harlot, The Darkness, Billy Idol, Three Days Grace, Slash, Motley Crue and Kiss.

My favourites were Slash and co, Motley Crue and Kiss - was an amazing end to the weekend. Didn't expect to see Slash and co play any GnR songs but they did which was a nice surprise! Plus it was awesome to see Myles play with Slash as I have only seen him with Alter Bridge before. We got barrier down the center again for Slash and Motley Crue. Motley Crue were amazing! I am so happy I have finally seen them, it did get a bit sad towards the end considering it was their last time ever playing Download (they're doing a final tour this year). They had so much fire, which again was to be expected. Kiss were also beyond expectations, feels really weird to say that I have actually seen them live, was an awesome atmosphere. 

 
Slash and co


Motley Crue



KISS

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe