New tattoo!

17:29

So on Sunday I got my first tattoo! I designed it myself, for me, my mum and my brother to get for our matching tattoos.

I designed some sort of a mandala (kind of) with dotwork, and incorporated a heart (because family) and a triangle (as there's three of us). I love dotwork, and ended up spending most of my A-Level art work doing it, so I really liked the idea to include it in my first tattoo. And I wanted to design it myself so it was original, and liked the thought of having my own artwork on my skin.

It's placed on my wrist, a little further up, in the middle of my forearm. My mum got hers placed on the top of her thigh, at the side. My brother still needs to get his but I think he's getting it in the same, or similar, place to mine. It hurt, of course. For those who have never had tattoos, it's literally a super sharp scratching pain. Some areas hurt much more than others, especially around the bone in the middle, and the edges where it wraps round the arm. But I found it bearable, it only took an hour and a little while, and it has definitely already encouraged me to get more. I am hoping to get some more similar styled tattoos placed next to it on my forearm someday. 

The photo of it is below. It is super swollen, so I may update this post with another photo when it is fully healed. I love it so much!


Edit - healed photo below



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe