Leeds festival 2015

19:13


Last year was the first time I had missed Leeds festival since 2011. Although, then I wasn't bothered as I had seen the majority of bands on that years' line-up, and the year before scarred me a bit (the people, that is). But, even so, I did miss it considering it had turned into a tradition. So this year I decided to go, but not for the weekend. Even if, among the three days, there were bands that I liked to have seen, for the most part I had already seen them.
I decided to go on the Friday (my priority was Metallica and that priority was definitely in order). It took us hours to get there, as our friend was giving us a lift and so the car-park was the problem. This resulted in missing Babymetal, which was a shame! (But I have a feeling there'll be another chance that I get to see them).
We met up with some friends and got food, and started our day off with Marmozets and Fidlar. I don't have any decent photos of them, just photos of the screen which aren't really worth sharing. 
Then we saw Modestep, I have lost count of the times I have seen them now, but they were really good!


After Modestep we saw Pierce The Veil (we were mostly on Main stage during the day). I haven't seen PTV since 2013 (I think) and it was so good to see them smash it on Main stage! Super proud, especially to say I first saw them in a 200 capacity venue back in 2012. (Also how nice is that backdrop?)


Then we stayed at Main stage some more to see Alexisonfire. They were good, and the singer ended up on a blown-up-boat on the crowd, (he soon fell, but the effort is what counts).

We then saw Wolf Alice, who admittedly, I had only just listened to that morning in the car (my friend showed me them). But they impressed me, and I ended up wanting to see them. They're certainly different to who else I saw that day.


Then we went back to Main stage to watch Royal Blood, who were awesome! One of my highlights of the day. The crowd was so packed for them too. And I now want a red leather jacket, they are so effortlessly cool.


After Royal Blood, we checked out Seether considering we had missed them a few times before at festivals and we didn't really want to miss another chance.


Bring Me The Horizon co-headlined and although I personally don't think they deserved that spot, (to me, I think bigger bands would have deserved it better) I think they were pretty damn good. Also, the sun was setting during the set and the sky was beautiful.



                           

Then, it was Metallica time. Metallica are one of the few bands I was yet to see, and I was excited beyond words. They were fascinating, and their intro was amazing. I am so happy I have finally seen them, and their setlist was all I could have asked for. 




So all in all, it was an amazing day and I am super happy I finally got the chance to see Metallica

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe